In the Swing!

My Fred Astaire Family and I tripped the night fantastic recently at a 1940’s Dance Party at the 1940 Air Terminal Museum at Hobby Airport. Taking ballroom dancing lessons is one of the most fun activities on my cancer journey bucket list, and the East Coast Swing and Cha-Cha are my favorite dances, so I looked forward to this event with great anticipation. And I wasn’t disappointed.
 
 
At left is a photo of the beautifully restored airport terminal that was built in 1940.
 
 
 


It was the perfect venue for a night of super-fun dancing to music provided by the fabulous Third Coast Swing band, shown at right.
 
 

There were more than 150 people attending the event, from Fred Astaire Studios all over Houston. At left are a few of my dancing buddies: (left to right) Olga Elsbury, me, Maryanne Tucker, Richard Blachford, Johnny and Sue Alexander, and Liz Rios.
 
I danced nearly non-stop for three hours—the most fun-filled dancing night ever! 
 
 
 It was a magical evening! More dancing to come!