Tea and a Murder

It’s no secret that I love reading (and writing) murder mysteries AND that my favorite food group is CHOCOLATE, so when my friend, Dawn Storey, reminded me about my plans to attend the Murder by Chocolate Theater in Webster, I snagged four tickets for “Tea and a Murder”. My sister, Charlotte Dillard, and friend, Coral Beach, joined me and Dawn for a fun-filled afternoon of sleuthing during lunch.
 
Our first mystery turned out to be how to get into the theater. The lobby, decorated like a Victorian foyer, was empty when we arrived. The only clue was a sign that read, “ring doorbell for service”. When no one appeared after following those instructions, we began nosing around. Coral, who was checking out the area around the fireplace, was startled when the entire wall twisted open and the butler appeared. Shown in the photo are (left to right) Dawn, Coral, Charlotte, and me.
 
 
He ushered us into the parlor, where he filled our teacups and passed around a selection of tea hats, while also “accidentally” dropping a note at Dawn’s feet. It was the first clue to the mystery we would be solving during our lunch. A millionaire had been kidnapped while on a date with a person who turned out to be nutso, and it was our job to figure out not only the identity of the victim, but the kidnapper, as well.
 
We found several more clues sprinkled around the room while waiting for our delicious lunch of salads and sandwiches to be served  in the dining room.
 
 
By the time dessert arrived, we had already figured out the name of the victim, Holdin Cash, and where he was being held for a $5,000,000.00 ransom, but only the fingerprints on the wine glasses left in the library could identify the kidnapper. Our butler deftly brushed and collected the prints on the glasses and faxed them off the the FBI while we enjoyed our tasty sampler of chocolate treats.
 
 
 

And who was this “nutso date”, alias Dee Bomb, who kidnapped the millionaire? Turns out, it was me!!!
 
 
 We all had a great time at the Murder by Chocolate Theater and I’d love to go back for “Dinner and a Murder”. And more CHOCOLATE!!!