Partners in Crime

As a writer, one of my goals has always been to publish a novel. After taking a creative writing course in 2006, I wrote one. Well, actually four. But I never felt they were good enough to see the light of day. I locked them up in my bottom desk drawer, where they’ve languished for the last seven years. How sad is that? 
 

Left to Right: Tom Rizzo, Me and Larry Watts
Thankfully, the Universe intervened and recently sent two writing buddies to my rescue, namely Larry Watts (author of  Right, Wrong and Rationalizing Truth and Cheating Justice) and Tom Rizzo (author of Last Stand at Bitter Creek). I met these gentlemen at the Marketing and Publishing Group at Helen Hall Library. 
 
Larry, a former police officer and labor negotiator, writes novels about social justice and crime. Tom began his career in writing at an early age, writing radio and television news, serving as a correspondent for Associated Press, and working as a freelancer, and now he writes historical adventure novels.
 
But the three of us have one thing in common—we all like to write fiction, and instead of promoting just one book, we want to write more books. So we began meeting for lunch to discuss our writing projects, as well as how to publish and market them. 
 
Tom and Larry encouraged me to pull out one of my novels and get it into print. They’re doing their best to drag me into the 21st Century with their use of social media and creating e-books. Larry is a regular guru when it comes to Twitter and FaceBook--I’m still trying to figure it all out. And Tom has a book trailer (a short movie) about his novel on his website. Check it out. 
 
Thanks to my “writing” partners in crime, my novel, Murder with a Touch of Spice, is now available on Amazon.com. Not only did these men inspire me to get that manuscript out of my bottom desk drawer, they both offered their valuable time to edit it for me. 
 
What an amazing “bucket list” accomplishment! But I couldn’t and wouldn’t have done it without their help and support. 

Thank you Larry and Tom for such a wonderful gift!
 

Murder with a Touch of  Spice is now available as a paperback on Amazon.com for $7.99, and as an E-book for $2.99. The book's description is below:
 
Come along for a spicy ride on a journey filled with murder, kidnapping, car chases, gun battles and explosions. It all begins when socialite, Maybelle Jamison, is stabbed and goes tumbling down the grand staircase at an elegant hotel in Clearwater, TX, picking off wedding consultant, Ginger McCormick, like a spare pin in a bowling alley. Since Ginger is the last person to see Maybelle alive, her husband, Mace, and their four adult daughters, Sage, Cinnamon, Pepper and Curry must find the real killer before Sheriff Jason Winters throws Ginger in jail for murder. It’s Murder with a Touch of Spice—six spices to be exact—a cozy mystery novel that’s sometimes funny and sometimes intense, but spicy through and through.

Visit the Murder with a Touch of Spice Blog to read more.