Unexpected Rewards!

I was both thrilled and honored when I received an e-mail from Karen Platt, a member of The Senior Moments Book Club of Sugar Land, telling me that their group had chosen my novella, Curl Up & Dye: A 1950s Vintage Murder Mystery, as their read for the month. She asked if I could offer any suggestions for discussion topics.
 
As an author, I write my stories mostly for my own entertainment, but it’s always encouraging to hear from readers who enjoyed the story as much as I enjoyed writing it.
 
Karen told me that the group was formed about six years ago. They decided on the club’s name about three years ago because four of the five members had children who were graduating from the same high school in May of 2013 and were a bit overwhelmed. Shown in the photo are (front row, left to right: Anita Clarkston, Lisa McNally, and back row, left to right: Karen Platt, Terrelyn Teinert, and Sandy Mann).
 
I also heard from member, Lisa McNally, who said, “We thoroughly enjoyed it. The fact that it is a novella with believable characters made it a fun, quick read. Living in Houston, we all could relate to the characters, the close relationships with one another, and the setting. We found ourselves remembering our childhood and our grandmas taking us to the beauty parlor for the ‘weekly hairdo’.”  
 
She ended her e-mail with, “Thank you for a great read, and we look forward to reading more of your books.”
 
What an unexpected reward! I guess I need to get busy on my next novella!
 
Thank you ladies for inspiring me to keep writing!