Let the Party Begin!

I’ve mentioned my writer’s critique group members, Dawn Storey and Marilyn (Chica) Zapata many times on my Cancer Journey blog. Since my goal now is squeezing the most joy I can out of every day, these two ladies fill the bill and then some. We’ve been meeting almost every month for the last seven years and I can’t begin to measure the amount of giggles their company has triggered.
 
Our April meeting was the same-old-same-old WILD AND CRAZY PARTY! After spotting some sexy t-shirts worn by the actors in a local play, Chica decided we needed to spice-up our next meeting, and that’s just what we did. We found the shirts on the Internet, and she ordered the Cha-Cha shirt, Dawn chose the hula-girl version, and I settled on the belly dancer. Here we are at right sporting our new outfits (left to right: Dawn, me and Chica).
 
I wasn’t brave enough to venture out to a restaurant wearing my costume, so Chica offered to host our meeting at her house. As you can see in the photo at left, we celebrated the arrival of Spring with some yummy margaritas.
 

It wouldn't be a real party without dessert, so we topped off our lunch with carrot cake in honor of Easter and CHOCOLATE in honor of, well... EVERYTHING!
 
 
Before we settled down to the business of writing, though, we squeezed in a little dancing (Cha-Cha, of course) and a photo session to record our craziness for perpetuity!
 
It was a fun day at the Zapata house, with Chica’s husband, Art, standing in as our official photographer. But he didn’t stop there; he joined the dancing fun, and then jumped in when it came time for story-editing advice. He’s a real trooper!
 
My belly dancer t-shirt is now tucked away in my closet—until the next time I feel like dancing. 
 
 
Thanks, Chica and Art, for a great party!
 
And thanks, Dawn, for driving my slightly-tipsy self home.